Sunday, November 09, 2008

East African Savana : Butterflies and Plants

Since I had very less free time to roam around, I managed to photograph only two Butterflies and I am yet to look for the identities of both.

The first one is this, probably a Lycaenidae


this another Pieridae looks like a Gull.



The Savanna walk was full of wild flowers. I did not have too much time to spend, but did manage to click few interesting ones.

This looks like Fabaceae


And this a Liliaceae




This a ground Orchid ?





Typical Savanna trees. Looks like some Acacia


Aloe seen in wild



I guess this is an Ipomea

This is Acacia species



This reminds me of Apta

A Solanaceae

This is a Cadaba species of Capparaceae. Reminded me of Cadaba fruticosa I seen back in Bangalore.

This one I am not remembering now.



This was an interesting herb, some ground orchid probably.


All the identities are listed here are wild guess of a non-botanist. Please let me know any hints on the identities here in comments or by email.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Kousik said...

Vijay, looks like you had a really great time! If just 2 days can be so productive, I wonder how much satisfying a week's trip is gonna be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home