Friday, October 31, 2008

East African Savana : Animals

During the walk in the Savannas, I could spot few Animals too. But since I was on foot, and had less time, could not see most of them from near.


First mammals we spotted were Gazelles. The Thomson's gazelle (Eudorcas thomsoni). They were very far from us.








After moving forward, we saw Zebra's. I guess they were The Plains zebra (Equus quagga, formerly Equus burchelli). There were many of them and were slowly moving away as we approaced them.



On the horizon we could spot some Giraffe (Giraffa camelopardalis) .



There was another type of Gazelles. I think they were The Grant's Gazelle (Nanger granti). It disappeared behind the trees.




There were a few wildebeest too, among a group of zebras at a distance, but could not approach them.






On the way back, from the vehicle, I could see the wildebeests from near and I think they were The Blue Wildebeest (Connochaetes taurinus).

In a short time that I managed, I could see lot of things I feel.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Toshita Barve said...

Awesome pictures
I love them

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger aayurveda said...

good.
go near and take.
insured?

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Nilesh Bhise said...

Yey! Lots of different colored and types of donkeys!

I like especially the black and white ones!

Just kidding. Nice photos...

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice photos, Feels like watching Discovery

Niranjan Bhide

 

Post a Comment

<< Home