Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Urban Biodiversity in Copenhagen, Denmark : June 2008

I had opportunity to visit Copenhagen in June 2008. June was a really good time to travel because the weather was really pleasant. I could walk a lot on the streets. To help me even more the days were really long, almost 20-21 hours.

I am trying to give a glimpse of whatever biodiversity I came across while I was there.

These Pigeons were happily moving on the ground feeding. I felt at home because this is very familiar site back in India too.



This Magpie was commonly seen scavenging on the trash cans. I found them commoner than the crows there.



The swans were present in the lakes. Some of them were very active in the afternoon.









And some of them were taking a nap.







The swans were bold and friendly and would let me go near to take photographs.







The gulls were feeding along with Swans.





And look at this Gull sitting on the statue.



And the familiar Coots were also seen.



The ducks were present, but were not looking as bright as we see them in India.





The crows were present, though in lesser number.







There another type of Pigeons which I need to identify yet.





I also saw a lot of sparrows, though I could not photograph any.

The were lot of flowers around. I could hardly photograph them, but took some snaps on the way, which are mostly planted garden flowers. Here are few of the photographs.















Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Amol said...

good blog. phulpakhare kuthe aahet

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger veenaa's corner said...

Hey ......the pics were well taken. thnx for giving a glimpse of Denmark.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger c.susanth said...

nice blog vijay...
i feel am at denmark....hmmm

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice photography.
Subhash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home